DECOUPAGE: With Love from argentina...


Phew! Finally got round to posting a few sugarcraft thoughts.
I thought I was running away from a high pressure environment to a much slower paced life style when I resigned my software job with Systemtech, for sugarcrafting. How wrong I was! Cakeflair has held me hostage ever since! Following your passion doesn’t lessen the pressure of running a business, as a matter of fact, you sign up for a vicious pressure cooker environment the day you set out to start your own business. It takes structure, objectivity and design to eventually get it right in business and Im learning from the best- Jesus Christ! (Believe me, even after going to business school with all the 'strategies and all', I still had to go on my knees to understand the business of structure and purpose!)


Ok, just a lil’ sneak peak into my current state of things. On a lighter note, I learnt some techniques from a former seamstress-KPMG manager-turned sugarcrafter - aunty Siku of Cakes and Candy for dressing up sugarcrafted models in life-like clothing so your models look almost like the real thing! I ran away from sewing cuz of measurements and cutting fabrics into patterns here I am going back to face the battle I ran away from!
I PROMISE (for real, this time around!) to put up pictures in my next post (God knows when!) of my ‘well-dressed’ sugarcrafted models.
Adios!
Hint of the ‘week’(?): Don’t just stick your sugarflowers into your decorated cake, use flower holders. If you cant invest in flower holders at least wrap them in cling film before sticking into the cake. Reason: hygiene pls!
Picture above: DECOUPAGE technique I wrote about in my previous post…

Comments

  1. This is lovely.I am looking forward to learning this new technique. I was not in the country when the training was held at Abuja where i live.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment