Tukur's Cake: More Heart-Warming Than Wenger's Arsenal

It was about 3.30pm, I was visiting YabaTech engaging some very ambitious young artists about the possibilities awaiting them in the outer world upon graduation when my cell phone rang... ...It was Chioma my church buddy. Chioma: " Hey Juls, could you please help us put together a very nice birthday cake for our boss" Moi: "When do you want it?" Chioma: "Tomorrow morning" Moi: "Tomorrow morning ke? what kind of cake cuz time too short for anything serious o" Chioma: " He's an avid Arsenal Fan, so a cake like that" After trying to wriggle out of the deal to no avail, I tried to see what can be done. A bas relief 2-D edible sculpture of Arsenal Crest would require alot of time and space without the usual adrenaline-pumping experience that is laced with every job that goes out of Cakeflair!... ...Somehow the magic happened, the cake was an instant hit at her office, their boss loved it! What surprised me most was the personality of their MD, very charming and very young too! The image I had of a Bamanga Tukur's son is one heck of a huge order. He had that "Fulani simplicity". I dont know where I got that label from, I dont even know if he is fulani! Even though Im usually not the type that gets easily star-struck, I was on this occasion. Anyways, Cake was loved by all and thoroughly enjoyed. Best of all the charming young man ate his cake and got his Arsenal closer home! Happy Birthday! Mahmud Tukur...

Comments